TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) – A employee was injured attempting to place out a hearth at a industrial constructing on West Tennessee Road.
At about 2:25 p.m. Monday, the Tallahassee Fireplace Division responded to a report of a industrial constructing fireplace at 1861 West Tennessee Road.
When firefighters arrived on scene, they noticed smoke coming from the constructing. TFD stated the fireplace broke out in a enterprise below development.
The hearth was rapidly discovered with the assistance of development crews and the fireplace was extinguished. TFD acknowledged one employee was injured in an try to extinguish the fireplace.
The person was handled on scene by TFD paramedics and didn’t require hospitalization.
The hearth induced an estimated $25,000 in damages. One adjoining enterprise suffered some injury however is anticipated to open quickly and one different adjoining enterprise was not affected.
TFD was assisted on scene by Tallahassee Police Division.
The reason for the fireplace is below investigation.