SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A person is going through firearms and drug-related expenses after police allegedly discovered medication, a loaded gun, and virtually $5,000 in his automobile Thursday in Springfield.
In line with Springfield Police Spokesperson Ryan Walsh, at 7:45 p.m. detectives noticed a drug transaction and carried out a site visitors cease within the space of Spring Avenue.
The passenger within the automobile, who was later recognized as 26-year-old Ashawn Whyte, was arrested. Walsh mentioned when Whyte’s automobile was searched officers discovered a loaded firearm, three massive baggage of marijuana, a digital scale, and greater than $four,700 in money.
Whyte is going through the next expenses:
- possession of a firearm with two prior violent/drug crimes
- possession of a firearm with no license to hold
- improper storage of a firearm
- possession of a firearm with out an FID
- distribution of a category D drug
- possession with the intent to distribute a category D drug
- unlicensed operation of a motorized vehicle
Walsh mentioned the motive force was issued a ticket for an open container of marijuana, which is a violation of a metropolis ordinance.