Snow, ice and rain are all within the forecast round New Jersey on Tuesday.
Russ Zimmer and Ryan Ross, Asbury Park Press
Someday late tonight flurries will fill the sky in South Jersey. These will flip into full-fledged snow showers in a single day and unfold north throughout the remainder of the state.
How lengthy the air temperatures stay chilly sufficient to assist snow — versus liquid precipitation — is the wild card for forecasters making an attempt to empower the general public to make choices about college closures, commuting and extra.
Ice and rain are additionally elements in the wintry combine anticipated on Tuesday.
“The snow totals are all going to come back right down to the timing of the snow-to-ice and ice-to-rain transitions,” stated Jonathan O’Brien, a meteorologist at the National Weather Service station in Mount Holly this morning. “In case you’re off by two or three hours in a kind of transitions it may well double your snowfall totals or minimize them in half.”
As of this afternoon, here is what the NWS expects, in inches, for sampling of cities throughout New Jersey.
- Wantage: 5.eight snow, zero.12 ice, 1.31 rain
- West Milford: 6.three snow, zero.13 ice, 1.54 rain
- Montvale: 5.2 snow, zero.01 ice, 1.48 rain
- Teaneck: 5.zero snow, 1.53 rain
- Hackettstown: four.7 snow, zero.09 ice, 1.38 rain
- Morristown: four.three snow, zero.03 ice, 1.41 rain
- Jersey Metropolis: four.zero snow, 1.52 rain
- Newark: four.6 snow, 1.56 rain
- Plainfield: four.eight snow, 1.52 rain
- Carteret: three.zero snow, zero.01 ice, 1.42 rain
- Flemington: three.6 snow, zero.01 ice, 1.42 rain
- New Brunswick: three.three snow, zero.01 ice, 1.44 rain
- Previous Bridge: three.zero snow, zero.01 ice, 1.45 rain
- Princeton: three.four snow, zero.02 ice, 1.44 rain
- Hamilton: 2.eight snow, zero.01 ice, 1.41 rain
Snow scenes of snow on the Level Nice facet of the Manasquan Inlet
Brian Johnston, Asbury Park Press
- Keansburg: 2.5 snow, zero.01 ice, 1.48 rain
- Pink Financial institution: 2.three snow, zero.01 ice, 1.48 rain
- Freehold: 2.eight snow, zero.01 ice, 1.49 rain
- Asbury Park: zero.eight snow, zero.01 ice, 1.44 rain
- Howell: 1.9 snow, zero.01 ice, 1.44 rain
- Lakewood: 1.three snow, zero.1 ice, 1.44 rain
- Toms River: 1.2 snow, zero.01 ice, 1.40 rain
- Lacey: 1.5 snow, zero.01 ice, 1.37 rain
- Atlantic Metropolis: zero.eight snow, 1.23 rain
- Cape Could: 1.06 rain
- Cherry Hill: 1.eight snow, zero.01 ice, 1.39 rain
- Salem: 2.zero snow, zero.01 ice, 1.30 rain
- Vineland: zero.7 snow, zero.01 ice, 1.28 rain
- Mays Touchdown: zero.5 snow, 1.29 rain
- Woodbine: zero.7 snow, 1.22 rain
Russ Zimmer: 732-557-5748, email@example.com, @russzimmer
Learn or Share this story: https://www.app.com/story/climate/stormwatch/2019/02/11/nj-weather-how-much-snow-prediction-forecast/2838481002/