(WWLP) – Heavy afternoon and early night snow will make for a troublesome night commute earlier than altering to sleet and freezing rain Tuesday night time.
Warnings & Advisories:
- Winter Climate Advisory for Hampden and Hampshire Counties from 2 p.m. Tuesday till 1 a.m. Wednesday for accumulating snow, sleet and freezing rain.
- Winter Storm Warning for Franklin County from Midday Tuesday till 7 a.m. Wednesday for greater quantities of accumulating snow, plus sleet and freezing rain.
- Winter Storm Warning for Berkshire County from 10 a.m. Tuesday till 12 p.m. Wednesday for greater quantities of accumulating snow, plus sleet and freezing rain
- Wind Advisory for Berkshire County from Four p.m. Tuesday till 7 a.m. Wednesday. Wind gusts over 40 mph potential.
- Snow Begins: Tuesday 11am-2 pm from southwest to northeast
- Heaviest Snow: Tuesday 2pm-7pm. Vital impacts to the night commute. You’ll be able to monitor site visitors circumstances on the 22News Live Traffic Map.
- Snow turns to sleet: Tuesday night time 6pm-10 pm from south to north
- Sleet mixes with freezing rain after which rain: Tuesday night time 10 p.m.-Wednesday Four a.m.
- Few Lingering Rain/Snow Showers on Wednesday.
- Lowest quantities the place snow turns to sleet earliest
- Highest quantities the place snow holds on longest earlier than the changeover to sleet
- The principle uncertainty relies on the timing of the changeover to sleet. Sooner change to sleet means much less snow, slower changeover means extra snow.
- Southern and japanese areas will get Three-6″ of snow with Four-Eight” north and west. Some remoted quantities over Eight” are potential close to the Vermont state line.
- Here’s our snowfall forecast through this evening. As soon as snow modifications to sleet, we’ll have little or no further accumulation.